Happy New Year!
I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas. This holiday was extra special for us because we got to share it with our precious new daughter, Evelyn. We went back to Ohio for the holidays and had a whirlwind of events trying to pack in as much family/friend time as possible. We were blessed to receive so many amazing gifts, but there were a few really great handmade/personalized gifts that I wanted to share with all of you!
Here are my TOP FIVE:
1. Evelyn sign: I LOVE this handmade gift from my sister-in-law, Shannon. Some of you may not know this, but my daughter is named after my grandmother, Evelyn. Shannon had my grandmother write her signature on a piece of paper. She then blew up the image and traced it onto the wooden plaque and used a woodburning pen to etch it into the wood. This is such a meaningful gift and something that we will treasure for years to come.
2. Framed "Friendship" Rock: My husbands family has vacationed on the same beach on Cape Cod since his parents were little. Last summer we vacationed on that same beach, and their neighbors and best friends, Deb and Jeff, joined us for part of the trip. While on the trip, Jeff found a really interesting looking rock on the beach and took it back to Ohio. Jeff took it to a stone cutter and had them split the stone in half and had each half framed. One for their house and one for my in-laws. I absolutely love the sentiment behind this gift and it also looks pretty amazing up on a wall as well.
3. Personalized Ornaments: When putting up Christmas decorations every year, one of my favorite activities is unwrapping each ornament and remembering the story behind it. This year, my cousin made ornaments for all of our family members that held a photograph of our grandparents. I love it and can't wait to put it up on the tree next year! This year I also gifted a custom ornament to my brother and sister-in-law (see their home renovations here) that I had painted with an image of their first/current home (found on Etsy). I know how much love they have put into their home and I hope they enjoy hanging it on the Christmas tree every year.
4. Choker Necklaces: My friend, Deb, is super crafty and is always making fun and unique handmade gifts. This year she was right on trend with handmade chokers. She made a few for each of the Mahoney girls and they are so cute. She also included a few pins that are optional to add to the chokers.
5. Blog Swag: These mugs, pens and notepad with my blog logo on them (via Vistaprint) from my husband were so thoughtful. Chris is my biggest supporter and so purchasing some swag with my official logo on it was another way for him to show his support with this new journey I am starting on. He also knows my love for coffee, so a few mugs were right up my alley!
Did you get any gifts this season that were really meaningful to you? Please share!