Check out the latest DIY home projects to try at home. These simple DIY tutorials are perfect for homeowners and beginner DIY enthusiasts. Enjoy the process of creating a home that functions for your family and brings you joy every day!
Most Popular DIY Tutorials
Here are the most popular DIY home projects and tutorials this month!
My Favorite Painting Tools
Paint is one of my favorite tools when it comes to DIY home projects! Here are the paint supplies I use most often when it comes to painting projects around the house.
Latest DIY Blog Posts
- DIY Checkered Frame | Fun and Easy Decor TrendThis year, the checkered pattern has become a popular home design trend and I love it! Incorporating a checkered pattern into your home decor is a great way to add a modern element to the design. I am joining the checkered trend bandwagon with this easy DIY checkered frame project!
- Transform Your Concrete Patio with a Fresh Coat of Paint | How ToIs your concrete patio looking dull and uninviting? It’s time to give it a fresh new look with a coat of paint. Painting your concrete patio is a simple yet effective way to transform its appearance and bring new life to your outdoor space.
- Painting Furniture DIY | Ultimate Beginner’s GuidePainting furniture is my favorite budget-friendly DIY when I need a fresh new look while decorating a space. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced DIYer, this guide has all the information you need to successfully paint your furniture and create a beautiful, customized piece for your home.
- The Ultimate Guide to Hanging a Window BoxIf you’re looking to add some charm and beauty to your home, hanging a window box is a great option. Whether you want to showcase colorful flowers or grow your own herbs, this ultimate guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to make the process of hanging a window box a breeze.
- 8 DIY Garden Edging Ideas for a Beautiful YardIf you’re looking to spruce up your garden and add some visual interest, consider adding some DIY garden edging. Not only does it add beauty and definition to your yard, but it can also help keep your garden organized and prevent plants from spilling over into unwanted areas. Here are 8 creative ideas to get you started.
- How to Paint a Shed Yourself | Beginner’s GuideIf you’re looking to spruce up your backyard, painting your shed is a great place to start. With a little bit of time and effort, you can transform your shed into a beautiful and eye-catching feature of your outdoor space. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced DIYer, this guide will walk you through the steps to paint your shed like a pro.
- 9+ Creative DIY Kitchen Backsplash IdeasLooking to give your kitchen a fresh new look without spending a fortune? A DIY backsplash can be a great way to add some personality and style to your space. From peel-and-stick tiles to unique stencils, there are plenty of affordable and creative options to choose from. Check out these DIY backsplash ideas for inspiration.
- How to Update a Picture Frame Mat with PaintAre your picture frames looking a little dull and outdated? Give them a fresh new look with a simple coat of paint on the mat board. This easy tutorial will show you how to update your picture frames and add a pop of color to any room in your home.
- Old Swing Set Makeover Reveal | Easy DIYThis old swing set has had some great times, but it was in dire need of a DIY makeover! In a few short days, we turned a tired, old swing set into a beautiful swing set that looks brand-new.
- DIY Peg Rail | Add Classic Character to Your HomeLooking for a fun way to spruce up your home without spending a fortune? A peg rail can be the perfect project for any budget and is a super easy DIY. Shaker peg rails are not only a classic and timeless design, but they are also incredibly functional too! For just $20, I installed a cute peg rail in my brother’s kitchen that fits the style and age of the home and is great for organization.
- The Easy Way to Paint Kitchen Cabinets (no sanding!)Paint is one of the easiest and most affordable ways to transform a space. These days, you can paint just about anything you can think of including walls, floors, furniture, and kitchen cabinets! This step-by-step tutorial shows you how to easily paint kitchen cabinets, even for those beginner DIY’ers!
- Affordable Small Kitchen DIY MakeoverThis DIY kitchen makeover is one of my favorite projects yet! My brother and sister-in-law, Jon and Shannon, live in a beautiful 1930s home with their three adorable boys, but their small kitchen was not as functional (and pretty) as they would have liked. Because a full renovation is not in the cards right now, we came up with a very affordable plan to increase the function for their family and give this small kitchen a glow-up!
- 7+ Easy Rub N Buff DIY Ideas for BeginnersIf you enjoy DIY projects, chances are you have used Rub ‘n Buff a time or two! This tiny little tube has the ability to turn a tacky-looking object into something that looks antique or even real brass. Do you remember the line in Meet the Fockers, “you can milk anything with nipples”? Well, you can add rub n buff to any object with a surface! Don’t ask me why that scene pops into my head when I use this product, it just does. This wax buffs smoothly onto wood, glass, porcelain, metal and many more surfaces.
- Super Simple Seashell Dish | Rub ‘n Buff DIYI love a quick and easy DIY and this cute seashell dish definitely qualifies as one. I updated our guest bedroom a few months ago and decided to add a small dish to the nightstand for our visitors to place jewelry or other trinkets. This DIY project took about 10 minutes and I used items that we already owned – now that is a win!
- How to Paint a Stone Fireplace | Easy DIYWe painted the dated, stone fireplace in our kids’ playroom! Our third home had a great garden-level space that we used for the kid’s playroom, but the giant rock wall made the room feel dark.
- How to Flock a Christmas Tree | Trendy Holiday DIYA few years ago, my aunt found a 9-foot, pre-lit Christmas tree on FB marketplace for a great deal. She loved the shape and size of the tree, but she really wanted a heavily flocked look on the branches. There are lots of tutorials online for DIY flocked Christmas trees so we decided to give it a go!
- Easy DIY Lacquer Tray | Rita Konig DupeThis easy DIY lacquer tray dupe saved me hundreds of dollars while achieving the same high-end look I wanted! One of my favorite designers is Rita Konig and I have been drawn to the beautiful lacquer trays she designs and sells. I recently renovated my guest bedroom/office and her two-tone, blue and green, lacquer tray fit perfectly with the design concept. A medium-sized tray like below is listed at $275.
- How to Hang Garland Outside with Christmas LightsWhen it comes to Christmas lights, I prefer white lights outside and colorful lights on our Christmas tree. My favorite exterior holiday decor is the twinkling Christmas garland I hang around the top of our porch every year. Hanging the cedar garland and Christmas lights is really easy and I am breaking it all down for you in the tutorial below!
- Simple Tufted Headboard DIY That Looks Expensive!This green upholstered headboard may be my favorite DIY project yet. I created this simple DIY tufted headboard for our guest bedroom and it completely transformed the look of our old platform bed. The beautiful green looks fantastic against the pale blue/gray walls and is really the focal point of the entire space. I have created a step-by-step tutorial for you to follow and create your own headboard for less than $200.
- More Easy DIY Paint Projects | ORC Week 5Welcome back to week 5 of the One Room Challenge! This week I have continued to work on DIY paint projects. Paint is my favorite budget-friendly DIY trick to change the look of furniture or a design item. I gave a fresh new look to an old bookshelf and decorative tray through the magic of paint.
- Make a Patterned Photo Mat with WallpaperI love decorating my home with unique and affordable artwork. My latest DIY is easy, cheap, and I was able to upcycle unused items in my home! This easy tutorial shows you how to make your own patterned photo mat using wallpaper samples.
- Budget Friendly Laundry Room MakeoverLast Updated on June 26, 2023 by lindseymahoney Our laundry room was in MAJOR need of a makeover! Because guests are not hanging out in our laundry room, this was … Read more
- How to Install Brick Edging Around a PatioOutdoor DIY projects seem to have a domino effect in our household. What started as a simple tree removal project quickly devolved into installing a brick paver border around our pool. We are always guilty of project creep and this time was no different!
- How to Plan a Flower Bed Garden for BeginnersIf you are just dipping your toe in the gardening pool, planning your first flower bed garden can be intimidating! I have a few close people in my life who are incredible gardeners and I always seek out their advice when I have questions about my flower garden beds.
- How to Build a Simple Raised Garden Box | DIYThis year we built another raised garden box in our backyard using pressure-treated wood and corner brackets. I documented the entire process and am excited to share this easy tutorial with all of you!
- 20+ Cheap Wall Decor Ideas and DIYs to TryCreating a welcoming space that feels unique to my family is always on my mind when decorating a room. Our current home is pretty large, so I have to get creative when finding one-of-a-kind art that is also budget-friendly! I absolutely love when our guests ask about a piece of artwork hung on the walls. I
- Install Picture Frame (Box) Molding | Easy DIYOur small guest bathroom lacked character and needed some extra oomph. Adding decorative trim to the wall for a traditional look was just what the room needed! Today I am going to share how to easily install box molding to a wall for this classic look.
- Easily Make Scalloped Furniture with this HackI absolutely love the simple scalloped furniture detail that is having a moment right now. I recently gave my daughter’s bedroom a makeover with a Grandmillennial style and added the scalloped furniture detail with this easy IKEA hack. I am breaking down the entire process with this beginner’s level tutorial!
- Paint an Exposed Basement Ceiling Black | DIYPainting the exposed basement ceiling may have been the most physically taxing DIY I have ever done. Don’t get me wrong, it was totally worth it for the look and the money saved, but it was exhausting!
- Make Stunning Ribbon Bows for Gifts | Easy DIYMy husband’s family has always had beautifully wrapped gifts with bows of ribbon adorning each package under the Christmas tree. A festive ribbon wrapped around both sides of the present and a simple bow on top is my favorite look. With this type of gift bow, the recipient can easily unravel the ribbon with a tug of one tail. I asked my mother-in-law for a tutorial on how to make these gift bows and I have been making them ever since!